1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

The forums seem a little, well dead.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lyndexer, May 28, 2014.

?

What could we do to help get the community a little more proactive and respondent?

1. Have daily general discussion threads

36.4%
  2. Game tactics, weapon comparing or suggestions

9.1%
  3. Weekly or Bi Weekly gaming events

40.9%
  4. More Contests

4.5%
  5. Other (Leave a suggestion!)

9.1%
  1. Lyndexer

Lyndexer Pretty cool guy Member

I love the idea of general discussion, but to be frank the forums aren't really the place to be. I was wondering what we could do to help give some life to them. I end up checking the website once a week because nothing really goes on, maybe more events or something? Maybe we just need more active members? Let's get a serious discussion going here!

2. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

Good thread. Lets see what ideas you generate.

3. Lyndexer

Hey thanks Gotcha. Yeah I feel like if we all contributed to some sort of daily discussion, or even a weekly weekend event we might be able to generate some life up in here. We have a ton of members we just need to get them to be a little more active, hope we can get some more suggestions throughout the week, I'll try to ask around on Orange after work as well.

4. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Great idea, would love to see everyone's thoughts.

5. Lyndexer

Hey it would be a huge help if either of you or to anyone who may post in this thread to ask other members to come check in and drop off their thoughts and suggestions. I'm not friends with everyone and I know that members don't check in on here a lot so if you are friends with other members please shoot them a message and get them to stop by. Much appreciated!

P.S The suggestions in the poll are just suggestions, we can easily do multiple things to get the community involved.

6. LennyBStacks

LennyBStacks The Gamer Girl (MMMmmSexy)

I agree and think it's about time we are more of a community here. I can give some input as to what's up with Orange since it and work is all I do :D

7. Dots

Dots

i would be more active in forums but the life of a single dad and work 2 jobs doesnt leave alot of time . but great thread .

8. LennyBStacks

LennyBStacks The Gamer Girl (MMMmmSexy)

Also I think that bi-weekly gaming events would be awesome our members are pretty tight for the most part there are many new members I don't really know and to get us all together every once in a while would be amazing!!!!

9. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Great thread for sure! I've been stating this fact in my head daily as i'm on the forums every night. I wouldn't mind maybe a friendly bi-weekly game event with everyone would be nice too see a full server with nothing but VG tags! Also a general discussion daily would be interesting as well especially since i know a ton of trolls within this community that i know for a fact would make the chat just that more interesting ;)

10. Lyndexer

Glad to be getting some more feedback! I couldn't agree more Dracula, I think a friendly VG event would be an awesome thing to have! Maybe one where it's members only and then another where we just have anybody join, and we can always switch it up weekly on what map is playing or game mode. I just want to reiterate to everyone though that this isn't a single man task, everyone in the community will have to help and get things jump started around here. We all need to work together to get these plans and ideas in action, can't just expect Woody or Gotcha to handle everything!

11. Woody

Inventory:

I would be all for weekly events. I think bi weekly might be a bit much. If they do really take off then we can increase the frequency of them.

With that being said it's a great time to start doing them now that summer is almost here and the amount of players will increase drastically.

12. Drac OPZ

huh? isn't bi-weekly every other week? yet you say weekly is good? confused on how that works lol

13. Lyndexer

It can either be twice a week or every two weeks.

14. Woody

Inventory:

15. Drac OPZ

oh lol was confused i'm used to it being every other week cause that's how i get paid at work which you already know this woody lol so i'm use to saying i get paid bi weekly :p

16. Sikk

Sikk Musika

I check the forums everyday and I'm not even a member lol. What keeps me from coming back I don't know. I think it's the way people see gaming forums, it's not until they put effort to make it a place to hang out when they realize that there's more to a gaming forum then just registering to become a member. From my views and experience, the introduction section is the more if not most important section on any forum. That section should be the most active and lively and so far that area has dwindle down to nothing. You guys got members who haven't even made introductions which is a issue. Maybe tweak the member registration a bit, make it so they gotta make a intro. Or if you wanna take a longer stretch, a post requirement. It'll lower the amount of members who register but if you want lively forums you need dedicated members.

17. Drac OPZ

yup Hellsgamers did that they got tired of no one being really active on the forums before so they basically said enough is enough and called a community wide meeting in teamspeak and we had over 500 ppl in teamspeak and homer muted everyone but himself and basically stated be active or be kicked demoted :p

obviously we aren't that large of a community so that wouldn't happen at all here. But just the fact is ppl do loose interest on forums especially if no interesting things are happening. I'd suggest making it more fun with convos maybe some even title games? I've seen that before were forums actually have little mini games and you can play and if you win you get titles you can use for your profile. Also what happen to the live chat box? it's gone as well

18. Woody

Inventory:

I can definitely add more sub forums for other discussions. Let me know what you guys want and I'll add them.

I can also add back the chat box.

19. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

i come on here a couple times a day to check the forums seem like the most active people with doing posts are gotcha, woody and me judging by how many posts that we have done

20. Gotcha

Gotcha Administrator Founder Member

Active members cause others to be active. The more we engage each other here, the better our community is as a whole.

• Like Like x 1