1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

[TF2] A trade server!

Discussion in 'Servers & Website Suggestions' started by Emerald Assassin, Dec 30, 2015.

?

Should there be a TF2 trade server?

1. Yes, but no custom map

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but with a custom map

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Ding! Ding! x 1
  2. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

There's a lot more then just that; that comes into play when running a trade server. The stress and drama that comes with it is to high to be worth doing in my opinion. I helped run one of the biggest ones for 4-5 years and it was far from easy.

3. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

It is quite a responsibility; near constant admin activity would be required and there are many trade servers out there already. I personally don't think we have the resources to allocate to such a server what with the admins necessary and other drama as drac mentioned. I know I personally wouldn't want to sit in a trade server constantly policing it and I wouldn't want any other admins to be subjected to that.

4. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

Possibly a fun/trade server were we wouldn't monitor trades

5. Drac OPZ

If we would put in our server join message along with TF2 that we're not liable for any given trades within the server and we do not monitor the server so everyone trade at there own risk. We do not accept reports for scams an such either. Then yes I would consider this being okay to do :D

6. Dax_

Dax_

Inventory:

This seems like an interesting idea, I don't think VG has ever had a trade server.

7. Gavlan

Gavlan Member

That's an option I suppose. Maybe like an idle/trade/etc server. We'd still get a fair bit of posts about scams though even if we add a disclaimer which could be rather annoying but all in all not too terrible

8. Drac OPZ

I don't mind people putting in reports. They just got to realize the report is just going to be noted such as "We do not monitor nor get involved in any trades within our servers and/or reliable for any trades within them". Which i'd just close the report. Easy said easy done! Just so it's at least noted so it doesn't come back on us in our server motd.

9. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

10. Woody

Inventory:

You have my go ahead to make the map. I don't mind putting up a server. We will have to see how popular it gets.

11. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

12. Woody

Inventory:

Sure you can go ahead and add me. However, I'm AFK 95% of the time. Posting updates and asking questions here would get a faster response. Alot of the time I'm on the forums at work or on my phone.

13. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

14. CaptinCCat

CaptinCCat Admin Manager Member

Inventory:

@Drac OPZ
    I suppose the thing with the trade servers it people might trade something for points on the forums, if they did report and if we were to do anything about it, make them include:
    transaction details
    Agreement on both sides for transaction
    you sending them points or items:
    you receiving (or not) points or items:

this was if there were trades for forum points that had not been honored, then we could do something, I can work on a disclaimer for all of this is you would like.

15. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

16. CaptinCCat

CaptinCCat Admin Manager Member

Inventory:

I just threw this together, will make changes to it, also tell me what I need to add/change/remove.
    Vigilate Gamers is not held responsible for any scam, loss of virtual items, or loss of real world currency.

If there is a scam you may report it on the Vigilante Gamers forums, however we can not insure you will get your items, or currency back, as well as we can not guarantee the punishment of the scammer.

If you make a transaction with Points from the Vigilante Gamers Forums, we can not ensure that you will receive your points, or get back any lost points

When filing a report, in order for ANYTHING to be done concerning the report, you must include the following in the summary of what happened:
    Agreement of the trade
    Both parties approving of the trade in some way
    The transaction of you/them giving or Not receiving items
    The visual of you sending/not receiving money through PayPal etc.
    The Visual of you sending/not receiving items through steam
    The Visual of you sending any currency/virtual time or not receiving any currency/virtual
    item.
    And once again Vigilante Gamers is NOT responsible for any loss you may have, you do this all at your own risk.
    By clicking “NEXT” you agree to the following as stated above

17. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED

18. Drac OPZ

I rather not get involved into trades period! It is just way to much of a hassle to worry about it. Sure let's throw up a server and see how things go before jumping the gun anyways. Though, if it gets out of hand with reports is when I'll start to mention that we're not accepting reports for scams no longer that it will then be at there disclosure if they want to continue to trade on our server at there own risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Woody

Inventory:

Something like this map would be good. I like how their Idle system is set up:

74.91.119.154:27015

20. Emerald Assassin

Emerald Assassin Member

DELETED