1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Starting a Rust server

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Stanger, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

For everyone that plays the game Rust I'm Starting a server. Im just waiting for the server company to do the primary setup. As soon as it does i will let you know what the ip is.

2. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

ok the server ip is : 208.167.246.179:28016

I started it up last night runs with no lag and i have it setup sleepers, airdrops even if only 1 person is in the server.

3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

air drops that low? yikes i'd suggest maybe 20 ppl + to start it off. I played rust for like 6-7 months with Summit1g most know him from his cs go professional career and twitch stream. Anyways we had a server for a while ran by his best friend mikeytux and we had it set to 20 + ppl and it worked out perfectly in a few weeks it became very popular server. The reason i'm saying i wouldn't do it at 1 person is because if a nooby joins and trys to play that "1" person probably has multiple things from drops and is going to own the crap out of the new people and cause the from becoming populated.

4. Stanger

Stanger Member

Inventory:

i actually bumped it up to 4 ppl last night cuz it was pretty frequent plus i was trying to get more people in there

5. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Yeah I understand that but alot of people don't like servers like that it makes it too easy for new people on that server and then makes it too hard for new people in the future