1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Garry's Mod

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Toxicity, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Toxicity

Toxicity

Hey guys! I was just wondering/thinking about what would happen if we had a Garry's Mod server(s). I thought of a lot of positive reasons, but first, I just want to know what you think about having these ideas: Roleplay server(DarkRP/RP), Trouble in Terrorist Town server (TTT), Sandbox, and maybe even some zombie ones. I could go on and on listing things, but I just want to get some feedback. Thank you.

-Toxicity :)

2. Sikk

Sikk Musika

Servers off of CSS are always harder to populate since this clan was originally based on the game CSS. In my opinion populating the other servers like MG is more important.

3. Razer

Razer

I agree!i have had TONS of admin experiance on gmod id love a dark rp

4. Yeah Gmod is fun
    I personally like jailbreak since theres much less rebels than in CSS
    and then theres the movie theatre server
    We sit and watch youtube videos in a cinema xD

5. ryk3r

ryk3r VigilanteGamers Clan Patriot! :D Member

hhhmmm ....

Pros
    ------------------
    Will broaden our reach & may find new clan members
    Razer has experience as admin
    Will be better known
    more fan base for clan

Cons
    ------------------
    Hard to populate server at the start of launching server

That's what I gather.

6. Nexion

Nexion Member

I agree 95.9%. Only problem is that these servers are hard to populate.

7. ryk3r

ryk3r VigilanteGamers Clan Patriot! :D Member

It will be hard to populate at first, but a month or so after regulars will be on the server. Starting a server is hard at first, but afterward it will start bringing players on the server.

We had quite a success on Counter Strike Source and Team Fortress 2 for servers, I think Garry's Mod is worth a shot, especially if we did contests on the server like the Team Fortress servers.
    I'd say we start a server which either changes the gametype every set number of matches or a server with the most popular gametype(s) on Garry's Mod. I know Garry's Mod is a very popular game so I do not think it is as hard as it looks to populate which is another plus! :D