Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /home2/vigilan9/public_html/vgforums/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /home2/vigilan9/public_html/vgforums/library/Zend/Registry.php on line 206

1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

Downsizing

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Woody, Dec 23, 2017.

1. legit

legit I want to right click you. Senior Admin

I agree with @killer soda alot of people say its their favorite GG server

2. legit

Id also like to make some suggestions for the GG server... another thing I hear players talk about is idle players. For some reason a player can be idle in game and be AFK for nearly the whole round (if you kill that player it doesn't count) is there a way we can make that AFK player go spec maybe after they haven't leveled up? A kill assist perk would be nice too. If a player does most of the damage but dies and their teammate gets the kill can they get 1 of the required two kills?

3. killa sodas - cherry coke

killa sodas - cherry coke Murderer Member

Yeah...i hear the same. As far as i know, there isnt a thread in regards to addressing this issue. Hopefully OPZ will provide steps to fixing the issue so i can relay the information to players on the server. If i hear from him before you do, ill shoot you a message.

4. legit

[​IMG] This is what I was talking about before. I wish I could take a video but I forgot how... I looked on the forum to see if I could find the how to but no success... If that img link doesn't work here is the url to my screen shots... you can clearly see the one player is still on level 1 and AFK....http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995385441/screenshots/

5. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I could fix this with a mod. Is it that big of an issue?

6. legit

I don't know if it is classified as a "big issue". I could potentially see a problem if the AFK player sitting idle gums up the server or hit registry. But more importantly, if a player wishes to play but all the spots are taken (like it did the other day) a player who is AFK is taking that available spot. Also players get upset because of the spawn protection. I'm really not sure why? A lot of players wish to have the spawn protection removed. I personally don't see benefit in this. It sounds to me that removing spawn protection would only benefit better or more skilled players.

7. killa sodas - cherry coke

Here is how you record a demo: http://www.forums.vigilantegamers.net/threads/how-to-record-and-view-demos.740/

AFK players aren't really a big deal. They usually will either quit the game or resume play usually less than a minute. If there are AFK players who have been AFK for a while, and there are people trying to join but the teams are full, go ahead and warn the AFK players and then kick them if they remain AFK.

8. Woody

Inventory:

Don't kick the AFK players, just move them to spectate.

9. killa sodas - cherry coke

My mistake...sorry about that.
    I did not know you could move players to spectate. Can you do this through comm commands?

10. Woody

Inventory:

Good question lol. Not sure if I have the spectate mod on there. Should be just !spec "playername"

11. killa sodas - cherry coke

Haha..okay thanks. Ill give that a shot.

12. legit

That's very good to know. I didn't know that we could move someone to spec. Will do that for AFK from now on.

13. TheRealDank

TheRealDank

Glad to see you guys are still going woody its dank glad to see you still got the same scouts server running I haven't played for years I came by to see if you guys were still going and just thinking about the past its been a very long time how are you doing in life I'm doing great I own a house and have 2 children we go way back @Woody to where I use to be one of those kids with Squeaky voice haha and now I'm getting old still look young tho haha I haven't had time in life to game and I had to quit because of life reasons had to get my life going on to better things but thinking about grabbing my old gaming computer and blow the dust off of it and plug it up and start playing once in awhile nothing like how I use to game 24/7 and 50 hours in a week has much has I would want too I can't I work too much 72 hours a week and trying to open up my own company "mechanic shop" that's what I do for a living now but hopefully everything is going well and get back to me ill check back within a day or so to see if you replied but have a good one woody!!

14. Olivia <3

Olivia <3 Member

same for the lag and freezes every so often, but other than that its perrrrfect.