1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

650 pound black bear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drac OPZ, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

So ever since I moved out here in the middle of the woods in the mountains 5 years ago I have had several visitors. My local neighbor has been feeding like 7 different bears around his property. He had past away last year and ever since these bears have been coming around my property looking to be feed. Knowing this my father brought a huge case of cakes etc over and threw them out all over my property. I walked out a few nights ago and I heard some noise down at our camp fire and i shined my spotlight down there and boom and 650 pounds (atleast) black bear looking dead at me. I just stood there for almost 20 minutes just watching him eat from my deck. It was amazing experience as i've never seen one in the direct wild like that so close up. I tried taking pictures of him but they all turned out so bad cause i have no lights down were he eats. I've tried my camera on my cell phone the galaxy s4 with night vision and it still turned out bad. I borrowed my mothers canon camera she just got and it didn't do so well either.

Anyone have any ideas how i could get pictures of this guy pretty clearly at night? Was thinking of getting maybe a wild game camera that you can attach too the trees near by and it automatically takes pictures with its sensor. Not sure if anyone else has any other ideas as these game cameras atleast a decent one cost over 200 bucks.