1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

TF2 Halloween Servers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Woody, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

[​IMG]

We have launched (3) Halloween servers running plr_hightower_event. We will launch a few more once the official Halloween event is released by valve in the coming days. These servers have all the same plugins as our default servers (VIP, AFK Manager, etc)

Auto Gift Farming - Halloween #1: 66.150.214.98:27016
    Halloween #2: 74.91.126.134:27015
    Halloween #3: 74.91.114.39:27015

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. Gamerman

Gamerman Valve Member

Gift halloween?

3. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

curious I tried reading up on it and haven't seen anything especially through steam news on explaining this years Halloween other then it's mostly the past ones. I am seeing on my screen once in a while a gift has appeared and to go find it. Not familiar what this means, but i've been running around and haven't found a dang thing lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Khan

Khan

GabeN will give us some new Scream Fortress content sometime, but he figured that the old maps would tide us over while we're waiting on Valve time.

5. Drac OPZ

lol ya true true

I figured out the gift thing. Now i'm trying to figure out how to get the hat out of hell achievment i always get to the end yet some reason it's not complete

6. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

Woo, gotta love Scream Fotress 2014, too bad I will not be able to play it on VGamers :(

7. Gamerman

Gamerman Valve Member

Relax....it just a game.
    (I WANT GIFT!!!!!)

8. Woody

Inventory:

Update: The halloween #1 server has been turned into a auto gift farming server. This server will automatically teleport you to all the predefined gift locations in an infinite loop. Just leave yourself AFK on the server and collect the gifts!

9. Drac OPZ

zomg that is awsome! x)

So uh, I have been in the server for quite sometime and It says I found a gift yet I haven't recieved anything in my inventory or waiting to be collected.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  10. Woody

Inventory:

Gift drops happen every 3 hours or so. I'm not sure exactly how it works since valve hasn't said officially. The server itself doesn't give you gifts as they are client side.

I left myself afk all last night and received 9 Halloween spells.

11. Drac OPZ

hm, okay I was told from a few people just a minute ago inside the server that it takes around 20 minutes after you find a gift to actually receive your gift inside your inventory. And yeah it's every 3 hours after you receive your gift.

12. Alexey Davydov

Alexey Davydov TF2 Pootis Manager

Valve may have not officially released how the system works, but it does say on this Wiki article, probably people timed the spawn times and recorded the locations of the gift spawns.

(Gifts stay for 3 minutes once spawned)

Gifts spawn 5-15 minutes of the match starting, if a player picks up the gift it will respawn in 3 hours.

If the players do not find the gist in the 3 minutes that it stays spawned then the gift disappears and spawns back in 5-10 minutes.

Source: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Haunted_Halloween_Gift

13. Woody

Inventory:

You actually have to die to collect the gift also. You won't see that gift in your inventory till you leave the server.

14. Drac OPZ

Yeah when I left the server earlier i found 5 things so in other words just keep idling till you're ready to check.

15. Gamerman

Gamerman Valve Member

When I play halloween,I see the message halloween gift then I got kicked!!!

(my ping so HIGH)

16. Gamerman

Gamerman Valve Member

I know I cant enter my account...

Im using another account.

17. TheProper

TheProper

i thought gaben is ded...

18. Drac OPZ

auto farm was taken off?

19. Woody

Inventory:

Gifts were disabled as far as I know with the recent TF2 update. You now just get the Calderon when you first play and another for achievements.

A post from valve a few days ago voicing their opinion on the auto farm servers: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=14798

20. Drac OPZ

ah I see I see.. thanks for the news.