1. Hey there, it looks like you haven't registered yet! Joining is free and we would love to have you as part of our community! Register / Login

rust Closed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Drac OPZ, May 5, 2017.

1. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

The rust server will be shut down at the end of the month due to player inactivity. We tried our best populating it but it seems to not be that popular within the community. We might try to start a server for another game in the near future. If anyone has any recommendations please let us know as we are always curious to see what those are looking forward to.

2. Kevzo

Kevzo Member

Trouble in Terrorist Town Gmod

3. Arama

Arama Senior Member

Thanks for having Rust up for a while. Did get a good bit of fun out of that server while it was up. =P Looking forward to see what's next.

4. King Blood

King Blood Member

Lets start a BF1 server on origin! That's really all I play other than CSS and would be awesome to have our own servers! I'm sure a lot of the community play to? If not I can advertise and get some members for BF1.

5. boby_xt

boby_xt Member

@Drac OPZ
    @Woody
    Well, i did my best man, put numerous hours in, got other players from other servers to follow me, even had one that was considering to apply for admin. It is hard to populate a server with just me and you doing the updates. Too bad because rust has a huge community.

6. Drac OPZ

Drac OPZ All the Above and Beyond Community Manager

Correct, it is very hard. I tried my best to get it going the first 2 weeks but then sudden things in real life came upon me that I was not expecting so fast. I just wish we had more active members that played. Though one thing I think could of done better on is advertising. We didn't really advertise it other then through the forums.

7. Woody

Woody Administrator Founder

Inventory:

I appreciated the effort @boby_xt . It's so hard to get a server running for an older game these days. Sadly, communities/clans are becoming a thing of the past as most new games just host their own servers.

• Agree Agree x 2